Join the National Capital Gift Planning Council (NCGPC) to enhance your knowledge, network with your peers, and learn from the very best in the area. NCGPC is a not-for-profit professional organization dedicated to advancing and promoting charitable gift planning. We offer a variety of educational programs that enhance professional development and promote cooperation among the many planned giving disciplines.
NCGPC is the local member council of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (CGP). To become a member or renew your membership, click the link below and you will be taken to the CGP website. You may join just NCGPC or both our council and CGP.
Once you are on the Partnership's Membership page, select Join or Renew. On the next page, Select Join Online or Renew Online, as appropriate. Next, CGP Individual membership is optional – if you do not want to join the national organization, unselect this option. Scroll through the Council of Choice list and select DC - National Capital Gift Planning Council. Scroll further down the page to select your Username, complete your Profile Information, and select your Payment Option (either online by credit card, or by mailing a check). Then, select Confirm Membership.
Already a Member and Need to Updated Your Contact Information?
- Monthly Programs - A discounted fee for meetings that feature prominent speakers on current topics in the financial planning and fund-raising fields. Programs are held monthly from September through June.
- Planned Giving Days - A discounted fee for the annual premier educational and networking conference for planned giving professionals. Held in May, this day and a half conference features acclaimed speakers, interactive sessions, and plenty of opportunities for networking with non-profit leaders, estate planners, and financial planners at all levels of expertise from the mid-Atlantic region.
- Mentorship Program - New to planned giving? Our mentorship program matches gift planners and advisors with an experienced professional so you can learn, ask questions and receive support from our large group of knowledgeable members. This is an opportunity for those new to gift planning to gain helpful guidance, and for more skilled professionals to give something back to the field.
- A job bank to help match gift planners with employment opportunities. New job listings in the areas of planned giving and development are posted regularly.
- Listing in and access to NCGPC's Online Membership Directory
Annual membership in NCGPC is $150. In addition and as an option, membership in CGP is $150. (Total annual dues for membership in both is $300).
Why join both NCGPC and CGP?
Membership in NCGPC and CGP combines the strengths of both organizations and benefits members in the following ways:
Locally, NCGPC provides you with quality educational programs; regular opportunities to learn from nationally-renowned speakers; information on local and regional job openings; and, the opportunity to network each month with colleagues in gift planning.
Nationally, CGP provides you with national and state government advocacy efforts which promote charitable giving; an up-to-date survey on why donors make planned gifts; and the development of a uniform standard for valuing planned gifts.
Together, NCGPC and CGP work to ensure that you will receive the best information and services available on gift planning trends and techniques. The National Capital Gift Planning Council and the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners - working together for you!
About the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners
The National Association of Charitable Gift Planners was established in 1987 as a federation of planned giving councils, from coast to coast. The mission of CGP is to increase the quality and quantity of charitable planned gifts by serving as the voice and professional resource for the gift planning community.
The National Association of Charitable Gift Planners is the professional association for people whose work includes developing, marketing, and administering charitable planned gifts. Those people include fundraisers for nonprofit institutions and consultants, along with donor advisors working in a variety of for-profit settings.
CGP membership offers the following benefits, among others:
- Listing in CGP's Online Membership Directory
- Access to colleagues around the country through the CGP list-serv
- The Career Center
- Discounts on CGP publications, including research reports
- Discounted registration for the annual National Conference on Planned Giving
- National representation through ongoing work in government relations, ethics, professional and international outreach, education and research.