Full-Time, Salaried plus Benefits
INTERNAL TITLE: Senior Planned Giving Client Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Client Services
DESCRIPTION: The Senior Planned Giving Client Manager is a vital role in our small but mighty fundraising communications firm. They will lead and develop strategy, manage campaigns, and write fundraising copy for planned giving direct response appeals, factsheets and brochures, emails, etc.
Our ideal candidate will represent Impact Communications with a positive, can-do attitude. The Senior Planned Giving Client Manager & Writer will provide leadership and interface with Impact’s clients and have the opportunity to directly influence their success, as well as the company’s. The ideal candidate is a planned giving fundraiser, quick learner, team player, proficient writer, and will participate actively in our quality-oriented, creative company culture.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Advise clients on gift planning strategies and techniques
- Help shape strategy for planned giving marketing campaigns
- Be in regular communication with clients on current and upcoming projects
- Proactively plan for upcoming projects
- Prompt clients for new projects and copy due dates
- Plan and schedule strategy and creative meetings
- Remind clients about needed information, interviews, etc.
- Prepare for strategy calls and meetings, including preparing agenda and printing and reviewing background materials
- Create analytic reports on project performance
- Provide edits to copy and or shepherd copy through Impact’s internal review process and the client’s review process in a timely manor
- Builds strong relationships with clients through regular check-in calls and meetings
Planned Giving Writing
- Participate in creative meetings and provide input on creative direction, case for giving and package components
- Gather all necessary background materials for projects, including conducting interviews when necessary
- Lead and convene internal strategy brainstorming sessions as needed
- Write (and/or work with other writers) for all package components, including letter, inserts, reply, outer envelope copy, coordinating emails and fulfillment factsheets or brochures
- Play a key role as SME in securing new PG business
- In consultation with Impact team, edit first draft copy as needed before it is sent to client
- Make edits and changes to copy per client’s feedback
- Attend marketing meetings with the President and/or other staff to secure new business
- Assist with planned giving marketing proposals as needed
- Participate in staff meetings, retreats, and other company functions
- Contribute to daily operations to help keep our small office running smoothly
- Answer phones, door and requests for assistance when needed
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4-6 years planned giving fundraising experience (fundraising agency or nonprofit experience preferred)
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of direct marketing
- Up-to-date skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint; general familiarity with databases, and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Excellent people skills
- Passionate about social impact causes
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION & COMPETENCIES
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and committed to quality work
- Extremely detail oriented and has excellent follow-through on all tasks, both big and small
- Excellent written and verbal communicator and able to collaborate within teams
- Computer savvy; Mac preferred
ABOUT IMPACT COMMUNICATIONS:
At Impact Communications we provide fundraising strategies and storytelling to help our clients reach the minds and hearts of their donors. Impact offers expertise in fundraising communications, planned giving, and mid-level fundraising. Our company culture is collaborative and focused on delivering high-quality and effective campaigns. We like to say we’re changing the world, one story at a time – and we have a blast doing it! We are located in historic Eastern Market/Barrack’s Row SE, Washington D.C. and have flexible teleworking policies.
Our Company Values:
Impact has identified five core values to guide our work together. We apply these values both internally with our colleagues and externally with our clients. Our company is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice as individuals, within our company, in our sector, and in the broader community. This commitment infuses all our company values and helps shape how we approach our work and our professional relationships.
Whole-heartedness. We care deeply about each person on our team, our clients and colleagues, and the individuals whose diverse stories we are honored to carry. People have lives outside of work, and we celebrate that—and strive to have our company policies and culture reflect it. We make space to acknowledge the challenges, grief, joys, and important moments in each others’ lives. And, we make time to celebrate and have fun together as a team and with our clients.
Creative thinking. We believe in the power of stories and narrative to create social good. To achieve excellent results for the organizations we serve, we combine best-in-industry copywriting with creative ideas and innovative approaches. Rooted in—but not beholden to—best practices, we push boundaries in our strategies and storytelling. As a team of lifelong learners, we celebrate curiosity and dig deep to understand our client organizations and the communities in which we operate. We ask tough questions and bring our best thinking to the table to advance both our clients’ missions and our company’s success.
Courage. We are unafraid to experiment and try new approaches—and are brave enough to own our mistakes. Candor and honest feedback are essential elements of our success as a team. We have the courage to tackle difficult conversations respectfully and overcome challenging situations together.
Integrity. The trust of those we work with is precious. The Impact team has an authentic passion for purpose, striving to create a better world by advancing our clients’ missions. The communities and individuals whose stories we share in our work can count on us to be honest and respectful. Every member of our team is committed to our industry’s ethical codes and exercises moral strength and authenticity in all professional relationships. We own our mistakes as individuals and as a company.
Community. We value engagement and actively participate in our local D.C. area community and the fundraising and nonprofit ecosystems. We approach all interactions in the spirit of service, collaboration, inclusivity, and respect for what each individual brings to the conversation. Cultivating teamwork and a sense of shared goals both within our company and in the communities in which we operate is a top priority.
SALARY RANGE: $75,000 - $85,000
BENEFITS: Impact provides generous benefits including fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee, a 401(k) retirement plan with up to a 5% employer match, personal leave, professional development opportunities, and wellness benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as application for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.