About Ocean Conservancy
Ocean Conservancy works to protect the ocean from today’s greatest global challenges. Together with our partners, we create science-based solutions for a healthy ocean and the wildlife and communities that depend on it.
The Director of Planned Giving is a senior leader in the development department. The Director is responsible for growing Ocean Conservancy’s Planned Giving program — a successful, organizationally-supported fundraising program, with a current realized bequest revenue stream of $3 million annually and a goal of $6 million annually. The Planned Giving department encompasses a dynamic team of four and enjoys close partnerships across Development, Membership, and Finance.
- Provide overarching strategic direction and vision to the Planned Giving program and is responsible for its long-term health and growth.
- Understand the various competencies needed to manage a sophisticated planned giving program (marketing, compliance, estate administration, donor relations, complex gift solicitation) and utilize existing team, organizational and/or outside experts, partners and vendors, as needed, to leverage these competencies.
- Manage a growing team with experience in estate administration, marketing, donor stewardship, cultivation and solicitation.
- Ensure the ongoing professional development of the team by:
- Mentoring, supporting, educating, and advocating for team
- Establishing clear, transparent expectations, and metrics
- Bringing team together so each member values and supports other members
- Providing professional growth opportunities for team members
- Promoting an inclusive work environment for team and modeling inclusive behavior
- Support the importance of data-driven, multichannel direct marketing as a key driver of the planned gifts pipeline.
- Ensure impeccable accountability of the Planned Giving program including upholding technical, legal, and fiduciary integrity.
- Manage a small portfolio of high-level donors and prospects, often in partnership with major gifts team; serves as consultant on complex gift opportunities across the philanthropy department. Cultivate and solicit qualified donors in partnership with other senior staff for transformative giving opportunities.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Resource Development and the Senior Director of Development to develop annual plans and supporting budgets for the long-term success of Ocean Conservancy’s mission and vision.
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience with at least 3 in a management capacity
- Demonstrated ability to engage donors across all levels of giving in discussions about their values as well as personal and family financial/philanthropic goals
- Experience building trust with high net worth individuals and families that have led to meaningful current and deferred gifts
- Proven ability to solicit and steward donor relationships with current and deferred legacy gifts
- Ability to inspire through strong and fair leadership
- Experience partnering across other areas of philanthropy
- Solid understanding of direct marketing and multichannel marketing principles
- Experience managing a diverse, successful multi-person team
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong moral and ethical character and a commitment to conservation
- A commitment to support Ocean Conservancy’s Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion values
To apply, please click here: https://dar.applicantpro.com/jobs/1340397-406236.html.