The Department Division of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Director, Estate and Gift Planning (Planned Giving). The Director, Estate and Gift Planning (OEGP) in the Division of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR), assists in the execution of annual plans of action designed to capture philanthropic support primarily for the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine/UHealth System through planned gifts from grateful patients, alumni, and non-alumni individuals. The incumbent reports to the Executive Director of OEGP but is based primarily at the Office of Medical Development on the Medical campus.
- Assists in the development of comprehensive strategic prospecting, marketing, and stewardship plans for OEGP, assigned units, and relevant affiliated organization, which outlines measurable objectives and strategies for all significant activity during the year.
- Identifies and researches prospective donors and develops and executes cultivation and solicitation strategies for them.
- Assists relevant and assigned gift officers with researching prospective donors, developing and implementing cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies, preparing donor proposals, and preparing reports.
- Develops and manages an active portfolio of prospects to cultivate and solicit planned gifts and directly raises planned gift and other commitments from that portfolio and in partnership with other gift officers.
- Coordinates and personally participates in one-on-one cultivation visits and gift solicitations and works to close planned gifts.
- Implements stewardship strategies for planned gift and other donors.
- Works with attorneys and/or other advisors of prospective and current donors to provide information about planned giving options, utilization of gifts, or University information to ensure the receipt of gifts.
- Drafts documents, such as University-wide gift agreements, gift annuity agreements, and other pertinent documentation for the completion of a gift.
- Assists in the development of programs, seminars, trainings, presentations, and other information for internal and external stakeholders to promote and explain planned giving.
- Assists the OEGP marketing team in the coordination, development, and execution of planned giving marketing and promotional materials and mailings for OEGP, assigned units, and relevant affiliated organizations and coordinates and responds to inquiries received from the same.
- Assists in the preparation, organization, and management of files, reports, research, meetings, presentations, and such. Performs such other responsibilities and special projects as needed or as assigned to support OEGP, assigned units, DAR, or University initiatives.
- Adheres to University and DAR policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.