Join the National Capital Gift Planning Council (NCGPC) to enhance your knowledge, network with your peers, and learn from the very best in the area. NCGPC is a not-for-profit professional organization dedicated to advancing and promoting charitable gift planning. We offer a variety of educational programs that enhance professional development and promote cooperation among the many planned giving disciplines.
NCGPC is the local member council of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (CGP). You may choose to join just NCGPC, or both our Council and CGP.
Individual Member Dues for NCGPC: $150
Individual Member Dues for CGP: $180
Combined Member Dues for NCGPC/CGP: $330
NCGPC and CGP each offer an annual individual membership, which is renewed each year on your anniversary date. The memberships are specific to individuals, not organizations, and there are no organizational memberships or discounts on multiple individual memberships within an organization. However, memberships are transferable within an organization.
Why join both NCGPC and CGP?
Membership in NCGPC and CGP combines the strengths of both organizations and benefits members in the following ways:
Locally, NCGPC provides you with:
- Savings on quality educational programs (some of which also offer CFRE credits)
- Regular opportunities to learn from nationally renowned speakers
- Information on local and regional job openings
- Access to our Mentoring Program
- Complimentary registration to all virtual NCGPC programs and access to the members-online section of our website, which includes recordings of past sessions
- Opportunities to network with gift planning and allied professionals through our virtual office hours and socials (these casual sessions are a fun way to meet new people and grow your knowledge).
Nationally, CGP provides you with:
- The opportunity to engage with federal and state government advocacy efforts on issues that affect your donors, the gift planning profession and the nonprofit sector
- Access to connect and learn in CCP Link, an online community of CGP members
- Savings on conferences, exams, and educational materials
- Access to the latest research data and other resources, including the development of a uniform standard for valuing planned gifts.
Together, NCGPC and CGP work to ensure that you will receive the best information and services available on gift planning trends and techniques, and provide a place for you to learn, advocate and build your career through a strong local and national network of experts and peers.
Who Are NCGPC Members?
Our members include professionals at all stages of their charitable giving careers and all facets of our profession, and represent a cross section of disciplines, including those who work for not-for profit organizations, firms that support the planned giving efforts of these organizations, and other allied professionals.
- Philanthropy advisors
- Gift planning specialists
- Major gift officers
- Directors of development
- Fundraising managers, associates and assistants
- Donor relations managers
- Trust and estate administrators
- CEOs and executive directors
- Fundraising consultants
- Financial planners
- Other professionals and advisors
NCGPC Member Benefits
- Monthly Programs — A discounted fee for meetings that feature valuable content, prominent speakers and up-to-date information on current issues and trends affecting gift planning. All virtual programs are free for NCGPC members. Recordings of virtual sessions are also available on the member-only portion of our website. Programs are held monthly from September-June. We plan to return to in-person meetings as soon as it is safe to do so.
- CFRE Credits — by attending our monthly educational programs, you may qualify to receive CFRE credits to allow you to build your professional credentials and prioritize your continuing education.
- Planned Giving Days — A discounted fee for the premier educational and networking conference for planned giving professionals in the DC area. This annual conference features acclaimed speakers, interactive sessions, and plenty of opportunities for networking with non-profit leaders, gift planners, and financial planners at all levels of expertise from the mid-Atlantic region.
- Mentorship Program — New to planned giving? Our mentorship program matches gift planners and advisors with an experienced professional so you can learn, ask questions and receive support from our large group of knowledgeable members. This is an opportunity for those new to gift planning to gain helpful guidance, and for more skilled professionals to give something back to the field.
- Ask the Expert Virtual Programs and Socials — Attend these popular, casual sessions to build your knowledge base, expand your network of peers and grow your gift planning career—all while having fun.
- Access to Doug White’s Ethics Corner
- Giving community to discuss different topics in the field of planned giving.
- A job bank to help match gift planners with employment opportunities. New job listings in the areas of planned giving and development are posted regularly.
- Listing in and access to NCGPC's Online Membership Directory.*
About the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners
Through education, research and advocacy, the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (CGP) supports and serves charitable gift planners as they help donors turn dreams into reality.
CGP is the leading organization setting standards for charitable gift planners and is a robust national network of professionals whose work includes developing, marketing, and administering charitable planned gifts. Members include fundraisers for nonprofift institutions and consultants, along with donor advisors working in a variety of for-profit settings.
Visit CGP’s website to learn more about member benefits, including:
- Listing in CGP's Online Membership Directory
- Access to colleagues around the country through the CGP list-serv
- The Career Center
- Discounts on CGP publications, including research reports
- Discounts for attending the annual National CGP Conference
- National representation through ongoing work in government relations, ethics, professional and international outreach, education and research